The internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However your privacy is important to us and we want to be sure that you understand the terms and conditions relating to the way in which we collect information and the use of that information.
The information we collect
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
3. The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorized use.
4. The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
5. Your personally identifiable information will only be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
6. Only if your prior permission has been obtained (which we would usually do at the time of collection), we may share the information with specified third parties.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
7. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
8. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
9. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
10. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
11. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
12. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognized by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from with this information.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Your right to access your information
The Privacy Act of 2020 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us.